[kj] (OT) What was your first record YOU bought?

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 05:47:56 EST 2008

yep, 10 years old, top of the charts and something completely new.
The osmonds then went to sh i t so they were no longer cool, Slade had
been the band with their skinhead image but they too had gone glam
[quote: "I spent most of the early 70s listening to Slade Alive!
thinking to myself, "Wow - this is what I want to do. I want to make
that kind of intensity for myself. A couple of years later I was at
CBGB's doing my best Noddy Holder." - Joey Ramone (Ramones)]
Glam took over with suzi quattro, roxy music, t rex, Bowie, Alice
Cooper, Sweet, Wizzard, Mud, Mott the Hoople, The Glitter Band, but i
never had the money and would listen with fellow skinheads the early
Slade and Ska material.
Then in 76 sniffing glue was the magazine to have in your pocket and
New Rose was the single to own. the rest is history

[Chelsea fans will find some interesting stories in mark Worrell's
Blue Murder including who was the main doorman at the 100 club]

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Lennonka <lennonka at gmail.com> wrote:

> These Crazy Horses? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyRiNZDb5EY

> 2008/12/28 iPat <pmdavies at gmail.com>

>> followed by crazy horses - which i no longer have

a mind that is entrenched in the authority of knowledge cannot possibly learn