[kj] (OT) What was your first record YOU bought?

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Wed Dec 24 16:15:39 EST 2008

I am quite pleased with mine, being (singles) Ultravox's "Slow motion", in
addition to "Shot By Both Sides" and (album) "Real Life", both by the
magnificent Magazine (also the first band I saw live). In passing, I see
that Magazine have announced their guitarist for the reunion dates. Not
Robin Simon, but Noko from Apollo 440 (ulp). He was the
multi-instrumentalist from Devoto's excellent post-solo album collaboration
Luxuria, though, so that sounds more promising. However, I hope he's been
practicing since Luxuria days, as I have a godawful "Song From Under The
Floorboards" on a Luxuria bootleg.

Oh, and Queen are shit.

Merry Kwanzaa!

Darren