[kj] (OT) What was your first record YOU bought?

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Wed Dec 24 12:46:57 EST 2008

I remember seeing Buzzcocks albums and stuff at the Harvard Coop way back when...
Damned playing at the Paradise in early Jan..

To: gathering at misera.netDate: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:24:03 -0500From: ceplaster at aol.comSubject: Re: [kj] (OT) What was your first record YOU bought?Ok, haven't posted anything in ages, so here goes my list of first records. It was late in '73, I was in 3rd grade and had just "discovered" FM radio, which back then was like the untamed west, no playlists, no bs. the first record I got was Led Zeppelin IV, quickly followed by Brain Salad Surgery. At the same time, my older brother got Deep Purple Made in Japan. Oh yeah, and there was the Cheech and Chong record "Big Bambu", which came with a poster that was actually an oversized rolling paper. Technically my mom bought them for me, but only because I was getting a weekly allowance of something like 50 cents, which even back then was pretty useless. A candy bar cost something like 20 cents , and an album was something like four bucks. If I was lucky enough to find a way to go into Harvard Square, the Harvard coop would sell new releases for a little less than that, and 45's at the local woolworths were around 99 cents.
By the way, I haven't been checking the gathering and rejoined primarily to find out what's up with the Jokesters. Can anyone fill me in. Always hoping for a Boston show as well as some new material to listen to... - Carl P.-----Original Message-----From: Brian Whitehead <bawhitehead at gmail.com>To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>< br> Sent: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 9:09 amSubject: Re: [kj] (OT) What was your first record YOU bought?
Abba - either Knowing Me Knowing You or SOS can't quite remember.then...XTC - Statue Of LibertyAll the best everyone.Brian.