[kj] Killing Joke's career

The Exorcist killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com
Mon Dec 22 21:26:26 EST 2008

That damned "first true love" one just can't ever seem to let go.

At 09:08 PM 12/22/2008, Karen Weil wrote:

>Nice one ... mine was "Nightime" (the now and forever favorite!) : )

>k.w.

Termite Mound and

>>Beautiful Dead. I don’t really ‘get’ the title

>>track. Just my 2c worth. Perhaps I need to

>>crank the fucker and give it a few more

>>whirls

(while I’m on Circuit 5 or above.) Ade you’re a big fan innit?

>>But Pandemonium leaves me with my jaw hanging

>>open, even still. It’s a mystical and musical

>>tour de force, half the point of mysticality is

>>that everything is not explicit or

>>logical

having said that, it has some of my

>>favourite lyrics, clever, but not too clever,

>>good points driven home well. Labyrinth is a

>>song on a totally different level, Communion as

>>well, Exorcism

I’m repeating myself. I can’t

>>speak highly enough of Pandemonium. Pleasures

>>of the Flesh has the most otherworldly feel &

>>momentum to it. Jana totally sucked me in to

>>the story within the song, the music and Jaz’s

>>singing is plaintive, earnest & heartfelt.

>>Honest. Black Moon was / is an early / still

>>favourite

I think a fair bit of the depth of

>>the lyrics is only apparent if you look a level

>>or two deeper, bearing in mind mystical symbology.

>>Jaz was well cast as the devil that Roc de

>>Thingy movie, except they didn’t give him the

>>chance to let loose the hellish side of his

>>voice, I don’t think a mainstream audience

>>could handle it quite honestly. And that is SO

>>like something he’d say

haha ;) but seriously,

>>I have heard better singers in terms of tone,

>>pitch control, range, but in terms of sheer

>>visceral gut-wrenching impact

there’s only a

>>couple who really compete. And on this album he

>>really let it loose for the first time in a long time.

>>PS: none of the raw potency of the early days.

>>Perhaps not album wide, but Exorcism? That

>>song’d send Beelzebum back down to where he

>>came from, it’s utterly unreal. Gimme the

>>hardest most fucked up singer in your

>>collection and I’ll play Exorcism for you and

>>slay him in one go. And to some extent 2003

>>took it to another level again with Implant,

>>Asteroid, Total Invasion

in terms of blunt force impact.

and at this