[kj] Killing Joke's career/[OT] Other Bands...

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 16:02:28 EST 2008

At their best, the FNM rhythm section had a very Killing Joke-style, tribal sound, especially with the keyboard flourishes on the top. It's evident in Midlife Crisis. Check out one of Angel Dust's less well-known moments, Smaller and Smaller:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vSDWM_-wgb4

Top stuff. Smaller and Smaller (and Mouth to Mouth from Album of the Year) also has a middle eastern vibe that always reminds me of KJ.

Jim.