[kj] Killing Joke's career

Stephen Lawrence stephen.l at live.com
Sat Dec 20 21:37:00 EST 2008

man it's great to hear a person discuss music and show that trhey actually listen i liked zennon so much i ripped it of the dvd and did my own compilation including the track drug of course i agree that the scene is dead nowadays as far as i can tell in defence of jaz and co it's interesting when thier songs end up on game soundtracks and used in sky sports adverts hope they got the royalties if not sic em like nirvana

From: bq at soundgardener.co.nzTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 02:44:37 +1100Subject: [kj] Killing Joke's career

Yes I’m actually writing a post that I don’t have to preface with OT *bows*
Recent comments about Killing Joke being on a decline since their first 6 years. I’d have to disagree and cite, specifically, 1994’s Pandemonium. Quoting specific song titles on it is redundant to me, the entire album is totally, totally, solid. 2003 was also massive. And This Savage Freedom is one of the best songs ever recorded. Zennon is brilliant as well, Universe B, 4 Stations.
KJ over the last 2 years has occupied probably more than 50% of my listening time (often averaging 4-5+ hours a day), for long stretches 100%, hugely disproportional. I don’t really hold out hope of finding another treasure trove back catalog like Killing Joke…and at this rate, I just can’t see music returning to the form of the past. Can only hope. Current state of play is pretty awful, unless I’m missing some boat.