[kj] OT: Firefox

Stephen Lawrence stephen.l at live.com
Sat Dec 20 21:22:10 EST 2008

would someone enlighten me on this subject not too techie please i'm reasonably new to this milarkey an old fogie but not a technofobe

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:24:55 -0500From: killingjoke at theimmortalfool.comTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] OT: FirefoxAs am I. I keep my google Utils limited to Gmail, Google Talk (rarely used) and browser with no cookies saved.I have no interest in Chrome wahtsoever.At 10:06 AM 12/19/2008, Brendan Quinn wrote:
I'm a bit concerned about Google using it to derive even more personalinformation from users than they already have, to be honest. Other than thatI'm keen to give it a try. Always keen on competition to keep the incumbentpowers honest. FF seems to be the best compromise at this stage - welldeveloped and funded enough to be competitive, plenty of add-ons, and noteither M$ or Google owned.-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [ mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] OnBehalf Of Bo KrogsgaardSent: Saturday, 20 December 2008 01:28To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)Subject: Re: [kj] OT: FirefoxOn Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:42 PM, The Exorcist<killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com> wrote:> I'm gonna install Chrome and see how that goes.Chrome is (still) crap. In a couple of years it could be good though.