[kj] OT: Bettie Page's funeral

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 17 19:56:30 EST 2008

Wow, thanks for the info. She deserves to be among such luminaries. Page
was probably the most bootlegged persona ever. Hard to overestimate the
influence of her image on everything from goth, punk, psychobilly, to
modern creatures of the 'net like Suicide Girls (for better or worse),
and the post-90s aesthetics of Hollywood's starlets, as well as making
culture of "cult" cinema/curios and "trash," b-movie paraphenalia, the
more accepted phenomenon that all that is now.

-Oliver