[kj] Disaster with The Specials

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Thu Dec 11 16:30:29 EST 2008

Maybe that's good news for us deprived US gatherers (altough the Special Beat made many appearances here in the 90s, but the ska scene kind of died out in the past 10 years). Hopefully they'll ride this wave of popularity to the US. We've been pretty much limited to seeing "Dave Wakeling's English Beat" fill small clubs in recent years...BTW what should I expect from the Damned next month? I saw them in 83 and around 2003, and was not too impressed, but like their new song "Diamonds" and want to see one of the last first punk bands! Power to the elders!

From: mike at coopersurf.fsnet.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:49:45 +0000Subject: Re: [kj] Disaster with The Specials

Tried absolutely everything this morning to get a Specials ticket for Brum for either night and failed really badly. Was on the phone and on line at the same time from the time they went on sale to no avail. Only know one successful person who got one by another source. Rumour has it they sold out in 5 minutes. Looks like its the touts for me then. Gutted. Did anyone get hold of one?