[kj] Satch sues Coldplay

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 13:57:50 EST 2008

"Bette Dillinger" wrote:

Please someone explain the relevancy of Coldplay to me? Seriously, if
anyone loves them I would like to know. I have never met a big, small or
medium fan in person and I really don't know what makes them unique. I hear
the opening chords to a song and I just think of easy listening or
something. Dunno.

++++++++++

I admit to liking a few of Coldplay's most well-know singles, especially
"Speed of Sound."

However, a couple years back for our wedding anniversary, I thought getting
a pair of prime seats to Coldplay playing in Irvine for a night out with the
wife would be a good way to get her to see a concert (she won't go see
virtually any band I like) and seeing if this band was worth a shit live.
Big *FAIL* on both counts. Coldplay turned out to be one of the most boring
bands I've ever seen live, not to mention trying at every conceivable way to
ape U2. Plus, my wife absolutely hated them. It was really kinda funny how
badly I blew that evening.

T.B.