[kj] More KJ LA Ticket News (sorta)

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Thu Aug 28 19:05:17 EDT 2008

Any info on the Chicago show? I am confused by LA to NY then a return to Chicago......> From: partyslammer at socal.rr.com> To: gathering at misera.net> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:48:00 -0700> Subject: [kj] More KJ LA Ticket News (sorta)> > Saw Kings X and early 90's pop metal band Extreme last night at the > Hollywood House of Blues where Killing Joke is playing in October. It was > one of those spurious "why not" kinda shows that I impulsively picked up a > ticket for just last week, mostly out of boredom wanting to see a live band > that I figured wouldn't disappoint. I can't wait for Motorhead's club show > and Nine Inch Nails early in September.> > I know of Extreme more via Gary Cherone's (mostly terrible) short tenure in > Van Halen and Nuno's short stretch with Perry than Extreme themselves. I > did pick up their new album a couple weeks ago on advice from a couple other > people and I think it's one of the best retro-hard rock releases this year.> > But wow. Last night turned out to be a much better show than I figured > mostly due to the fact Kings X was the opening band..... or maybe > co-headlining band as they got a pretty generous hour plus set and imo and > many others, came close to blowing Extreme off the stage. Extreme, which is > generally known as a poppish hair metal band from the early 90's was very > impressive as well. Their guitarist, Nuno is an incredible shredder and > overall, the band was incredibly tight and put on a very solid 90 minute set > of their oldies and a few excellent cuts of their new album.> > On the KJ front, I asked a staff person at the box office about how well tix > for KJ are selling for the hell of it and she said I could buy as many as I > want as "less than a hundred" appear to have been sold. Not good.> > T.B. > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering