[kj] New Band Recommendations

blankwerks blankwerks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 05:27:31 EDT 2008

Depends on what you want really, but I rate Idiot Pilot very highly.

2 young kids from Bellingham, US, making a LOT of noise, just a singer and
guitarist/programmer, but like nothing else on earth as far as I am
concerned.

Avoid new album: "Wolves" to start, and go straight in with their first
offering: "Strange We Should Meet Here".

I got that album a couple of years ago off the back of one track, first play
and I couldn't work out what the hell was going on, but gave it some time
and a few more listens and it's now up there with my favourite albums ever.

>From dazzling highs and gorgeous dreamy environments to absolute noise with

guitars and tight programmed drums.

Couple of singles they released were, unsurprisingly, the more easy
listening ones, but the real gems are the other album tracks.

few instrumental snippets here:

www.wewillconcentrateonruiningyourface.com - a little appreciation site I
made for them. Click on the pupils of the old lady's eyes to navigate
through the pages.