[kj] Band-o-rama

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Wed Aug 27 19:53:18 EDT 2008

LONESTYLE at aol.com wrote:

> That is true. But to each his own I do not like their music.

I'n not a big fan of Rage Against The Machine although I do really like a
few of their more well known tunes. However, a month ago on a whim, I
picked up Rage singer' Zack De La Rosa's "One Day As A Lion" solo album
which is actually only a 5 song EP. I've always had a real hard time
getting into Rage Against The Machine mostly due to De La Rosa's rapping
skinny white-boy (sounding) voice and of course, it figures big time on this
release, but the music, which is based around the most awesome John Bonham
sounding drums I've heard since the short-lived Secret Machines and almost
desonant guitar droning is a really compelling listen. Big thumbs up on this
one.

T.B.