[kj] Welcome Judith

judithmuehlenbeck at freenet.de judithmuehlenbeck at freenet.de
Wed Aug 27 18:51:34 EDT 2008

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hello Javier and all gatherers!

Thank you, so I’m pleased to be here!

I’m 32. Most people here seem to know KJ already for a long timenow, so you are really lucky. I bought all albums and the DVD within the lastmonths and it was an awesome experience to explore them all in this rather shorttime.
I’m totally beside myself to see my very first KJ gigs in 4 weeks ! Ifit will be just half as good as the filmed concert in London, it will be worththe little travel.

Regarding the music taste and the bands I mentioned – I can’t help but feelthat mostly the older stuff of a lot of bands is the best. There are only fewexceptions. That’s one thing I appreciate about the joke, they had differentstyles through all the years and although I do have favourite KJ albums, I feelthere’s not a single weak album.

- I meant KATE Bush (not the band called Bush ! They are really notworth to mention.) Oh dear, Chinese whisper ;-) No, the English singer – “HoundsOf Love”, “Running Up That Hill” and so on. I think she was best from herbeginnings in the late 70s and during the 80ies.

Regarding Marilyn Manson – Again, it’s the older stuff. Used to be a bigfan from the beginning. The Spooky Kids time was just hilarious, someone rememberPortrait Of An American Family? One of my favorite albums of all time isAntichrist Superstar. But the last album “Eat Me Drink Me” really disappointedme, what a rubbish !! He has arrived in mainstream meanwhile. But maybe there’slittle hope for better times, he’s about to work with Twiggy again.

And Nine Inch Nails – I refer to the stuff of the nineties – to behonest, I haven’t concerned myself with them in the last years as much as Iused to.

The Prodigy – Same here.

Sting/The Police - Love all Police albums and the older Sting material. Grewup with the records of my parents. A few people here don’t like Sting. Acolleague at work also is a huge KJ fan and gets into a paddy when it comes toThe Police and Sting, that’s funny.... Well as a person – really can’t rememberthat I ever heard Sting say something or acting in a way that annoyed me (hopeI won’t be lynched now ? ;) )

System Of A Down – absolutely love their style and all albums! I thinkthey deserve credit for their political engagement. But might be true that somefans cannot find armenia on the map, I have no idea. Don’t know any SOAD fanspersonally.

Phillip Boa & The Voodoo Club – One of the few who keep their level andin my opinion have never put out a bad album. Great music – since 25 years now.My absolute favorite in indie.

Aphex Twin – “He made a lot of unlistenable stuff, but made loads ofamazingly original music as well.” I absolutely agree with Alex from NY on this.Only a part is listenable, but this part is really inventive. “Come to daddy” isone of the best.

Regards

Judith

Gesendet von freenetMail-
Mehr als nur eine E-Mail-Adresse