[kj] OT: Page at the Olympics

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 12:17:21 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Smith" <vassifer at earthlink.net>
To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"
<gathering at misera.net>; "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"
<gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Page at the Olympics

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Why oh why did they play "Whole Lotta Love"? Not to sound like someone's
grandmother, but what the fuck does that have to do with the Olympics?

++++++++

Heh, a guy on another list (who's British and very defensive when anyone
mocks his anything to do with his country) gave a reply to the same question
to which I replied............

"Andy Hodgkinson" wrote:

> Dude - this was part of the London 2012 handover and I guess they

> wanted it to be a little contemporary - at least they used a decent

> song and didn't roll out Macca or Elton John as usual.

++++

I didn't catch the whole thing as I mentioned in my earlier post about this
performance, but after seeing the whole clip, this is even more ridiculous
and embarrassing than the short snippet I caught yesterday.

And Page is clearly miming - maybe the bimbo
is singing live but that's about it. At one point, it looks like she's
coming on to her grandfather when she steps outta that silly goldmember
costume.

And that over-rated soccer goof Beckham (yeah, he's turned out to be a
worthy investment for USA soccer - NOT!) punting a ball onto someone's head
on the field is just the icing on the cake.

"Contemporary" would have been getting a band who's released a record in the
past 5 years to perform a song that had something to do with sports or at
least achieving dreams and goals instead of a octogenarian who's band hasn't
been around for over 35 years miming a song on guitar about fucking to a
tart a third of his age.

T.B.