[kj] Let's take delight, it's been a long wait for this moment ...

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Sun Aug 24 06:06:10 EDT 2008

... slightly ironic lyrics from Empire Song ... considering how long it has taken the John Peel sessions to see the light of day ... anyway, particularly pleased that they've included the Richard Skinner session too and, as 1983 session was added to the Fire Dances remaster, it makes this CD a concise "original line up" release.

Due for release on the eve of the tour (8th Sept 2008) ... HMV selling it for 8.99 GBP ... http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=854168

Another irony is that the (rightly) vilified Terra Firma have actually done all us lot a favour. These private equity ghouls appear to have tapped into the KJ back catalogue and provided us some rare recordings we thought we be left gathering dust in the EMI/Virgin/EG vaults for an eternity.

Regards, Antoni