[kj] OT Boycott the film Tropic Thunder

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 17 20:24:05 EDT 2008

I can't agree, I'm afraid. Having Sofia Coppola as director means absolutely nothing to me. I was aware of her certainly, but I was no more inclined to worship her work than I would be to idolise the latest piece of tat directed by 'McG' or Tony Scott. I though Lost In Translation was excellent purely on its own merits, and few of my acquaintances who also loved it knew anything about Sofia Coppola (with the possible exception of her less-than-scintillating performance in The Godfather Part 3).

Jim.

 NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing).

"Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive, in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly.

Available from Noir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good bookstores.