[kj] OT Boycott the film Tropic Thunder

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 14:22:28 EDT 2008

yes, but also realise that the NY times and LA times have a best-selling books list, that has best sellers from before the books actual day of release. They just give it an 'Oprah'. Ebert et al are subject to this i.e. PR and advertising.> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:35:41 -0500> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] OT Boycott the film Tropic Thunder> > Trailers are the worst way to judge movies. The Simpsons Movie trailer, > for example, had the least funny bits.> > I haven't see Tropic Thunder, but the metacritic.com review aggregator, > which links to reviews from Roger Ebert, the New York Times, the LA > Times -- all of which give it good reviews -- is a good place to see > what's what. Of course, any of these outlets also gave 40 Year Old > Virgin good reviews, and I hated that film.>