[kj] (no subject)

The Exorcist killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com
Sun Apr 27 14:46:23 EDT 2008

I've Been spending some time lately listening to

Graveworm, Opera IX (mainly the black opera album), and Demon Hunter...

Give em' a shot.

At 09:03 PM 4/24/2008, you wrote:

>Hey hey. I hate to start sounding like a crusty old curmudgeon, but

>I've got a bit of an issue with modern music.

>Seems anymore I'm always falling back on old standards when I throw

>on the stereo.

>(Kj, Stranglers, The Fall, Wire, Ian Dury).

>Maybe it's just me getting older, but nothing really kicks me in the

>plums anymore. Seems like most 'music' these

>days is just sterile, unimaginative, and as threatening as a baby. I

>don't get alot of this 'Folk Rock', like

>Iron and Wine, Devandra Barnhart, etc. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm

>not a closed minded twat, it's just that there's

>very little out there that's striking the anvil, so to speak.

>SO gatherers, I do trust your opinions, and taste, so I ask you,

>what's out there anymore? What's new that's been

>floating your boat? The last few good things i've dug into are:

>Mogwai, Thievery Corporation,

>Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, Polysics, and the new Firewater record

>(Todd Ashley - ex Cop Shoot Cop)

>Thanks for letting me ramble..................

Regardless of your inferior opinions, I'll always be willing to sit down
and allow any of you to buy me a drink in order for me to elucidate you on
the errors of your ways. Life is too short. Your life, I mean, if you
don't change those opinions. Oh, it's your round. Yeah, bag of crisps
would be great. Salt and vinegar. I'll be on the bog...hey do you have any
stamps? I have to post something.