[kj] (OT) stereo issues...

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Apr 25 22:48:10 EDT 2008

Yeah I don't know too much about it but paying all that money for cable
sounds a bit dodgy to me. A $3 computer network cable can transmit data
(digital or digitally-encoded analog) without any loss whatsoever...and it
seems to me that the limiting factor is generally gonna be the speakers
anyway. Admittedly I don't know enough about analog transmission to have a
professional opinion, I know analog over digital probably isn't quite the
same as pure analog the whole way....but it's a moot point if all you listen
to are CDs and mp3s.