[kj] (OT) Love and Rockets Warm-Up Show Last Night

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Fri Apr 25 19:29:29 EDT 2008

It would have been interesting if they had done "Lions" or another Tones on Tail song for the encore.
It sounds like a great concert. I am very surprised and delighted to hear they played "An American Dream" ("are you confused by the chaos in everyone's wandering eyes.....")....now some of my questions about the breakup of Bauhaus have been answered.
Nice review!> From: Partyslammer at socal.rr.com> To: gathering at misera.net> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:19:04 -0700> Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Love and Rockets Warm-Up Show Last Night> > "Jim Harper" wrote:> > > That sounds like a great show. The setlist is pretty good too. For my > personal preferences I'd like to hear more tracks of the self-titled album > (I would have thought 'So Alive' was an obvious choice, since it's their > biggest hit and a great tune besides, and 'Bound for Hell' would have been > nice), and a few more tracks from 'Earth, Sun, Moon'. I know 'Express' is > probably their most popular album, but I actually prefer ESM and the > self-titled album. Certainly you could construct an absolutely fabulous > setlist by just chucking in 'So Alive', 'Bound for Hell', 'Lazy' and > 'Waiting for the Flood'. But for an 80-minute warm-up show from a band who > haven't played the material for a decade or more (and in such personal > surroundings), I definitely think you got your money's worth. Now I just > hope they throw in some UK gigs at places outside London and I'll be > exceptionally happy!> > +++++> > Yeah, I was a little perplexed at what they chose to play of the self titled > album considering what else is on that one and "I Feel Speed" kind of ground > the momentum to a stop for a bit. I don't know how well that will go over > at the Coachella festival or Lollapalooza with a antsy outdoor crowd. But > really, I have no reason to complain, especially given the circumstances in > which I got to see them last night.> > The word is, they'll be recording a new album for mid Summer release and > likely tour through the end of '08 worldwide.> > Man, what a great two weeks it's been for shows for me. Springsteen, > Supersuckers and Love and Rockets and the Jane's reunion webcast.> > T.B. > > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering