[kj] 143 Days to go

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Apr 21 19:41:51 EDT 2008

"Bette Dillinger" wrote:

Why do I have a feeling this is just going to be taped for future reference?
Especially Jaz meeting BPF. I just can't believe they will tour. I was so
gonzo for it, now I am thinking....how can they go from NY straight to LA?
And at the HOB? This seems bizarre, but well, it's not like anything is
predictable with them. But why not Chicago, Detroit, whatever. That used
to be Geordie's home as far as I knew, and don't they want some money on the
US leg? Just two dates?

++++

I've mentioned before this whole thing as it stands right now just seems
really shaky to me. Ambitious talk of whole albums being played and so on
with a really tight worldwide schedule. It just seems strange that they're
going to fly the band, crew and all their gear globally to a very small
number of shows versus trucking it (at least the gear in a couple rental
vans) around and playing a few more key cities, especially in North America.
The way it's currently laid out seems to me to be a very cost-ineffective
way of doing this tour and they certainly don't have the resources to do it
Iron Maiden style with their own private plane and so on. Tickets going on
sale this far in advance of any shows reinforces that feeling.

That said, I bought a ticket for the LA show. If it happens, I'm a happy
guy. If it doesn't, I won't be shocked.

T.B.