[kj] ot. new bauhaus C.D, ;( what a let down! NO

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 23:48:28 EDT 2008

Bauhaus for me is an experience, more than just the music (which i regard
as summa tha best stuff I've ever heard).
Personally that revolves alot around their live presence and performance of their
work, because it's the only way
I got to know'em,right from the start:
-gig-concert-concert-gig-concert-etc.etc. 3 gigs in '98,
-3 gigs in '05. Peter twice, L&R their farewell gig at the
-Roxy in '96 (didn't knowthey were Bauhaus-sans-Peter.

But i get your comment too. I absolutely loved Gang Of Four when I saw them
live (IMO the most moving live performances I've ever seen) BUT . . . I buy their cds,
I'll put'em on = and they sound like total shit on disc.
Woulnd't and haven't played those discs since i first bought them - but if they announce
a tour, i'm there in a hummingbird's heartbeat. Weird, i know.

GREG SLAWSON <gregslawson at msn.com> wrote:
.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma } Havent' heard much Bauhuas beyond their college (US) radio "hits", but I don't "get" them. SOund like David Bowie singing non-songs, just lame slightly dirgy limping rants (not nearly as good as "It's a Dreeeeegs" by the Joke)...