[kj] OT: Public Image Ltd

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Apr 16 17:27:40 EDT 2008

Really digging the whole first two albums, have an infatuation with
Annalisa, you know that song infatuation thing where you have to hear a
track like 8 times a day? I get it a lot...lately it's been...Zenon (KJ),
Omission (Quicksand), Blind Dogs (Soundgarden...) and Annalisa (PIL).

Lowlife and Attack are excellent, Fodderstompf is brilliant too. Oh and
the first track...totally raw vocals. Love it.

Listening to Religion I (I think), the spoken word version of the song
that follows...makes me think Rik Mayall from Young Ones ripped off
Lydon's voice a bit for his character there...?

Esp. the bit where he goes "you cannot afford"

(At work at the mo so I can't play it to check...)