[kj] OT: punk rock babies - kj baby

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Sun Apr 13 20:01:02 EDT 2008

I think my oldest daughter set the tone for my parenting skills when after
an ill-advised car mix tape (she certainly LOOKED and SOUNDED as if she were
asleep) she began singing the chorus to Clawfinger's "Nigger" at inopportune
moments, mainly nursery school parents' evenings. Actually, I'm pleased
she's turned out reasonably well adjusted from a racial point of view, since
her first sight of an Afro-Caribbean gentleman on the streets of Cheltenham
resulted in her loudly bellowing "Daddy, why's that man ALL DIRTY?".

She's 15 now, and still has a vestigial liking for Devo, whom she loved
throughout her childhood, terrorising classmates with her Peek-A-Boo laugh
and doing barber shop renditions of Mongoloid at school assembly (I was very
proud), although I played her Devo 2.0 recently and she was not impressed.
"Dad, it's like Devo, but it's REALLY SHIT". Had to concur, really.

Darren

Hungerford, UK