[kj] OT: why I hate cats..shittiest decade? 90s

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 11:17:02 EDT 2008

I can't remember listening to much 'rock' in the 90s. I think that's why I liked them so much ;)

From: gregslawson at msn.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:31:21 -0400Subject: Re: [kj] OT: why I hate cats..shittiest decade? 90s

I think the 90s was the worst decade ever for rock. At least 70s had early punk (and pre-punk, e.g. NY Dolls), 80s had some good US punk/indie (Black Flag, Replacements, Jason and the Scorchers, Pylon, etc.), and the 2000s seem to have some ok retro-80s/new-wave/post-punk/garage influenced bands, but the only stuff I could stomach in the 90s was maybe Rancid and Shane McGowan and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones (and of course the great Pandemonium record), and all those bands even sound dated. C'mon, Soundgarden and Tool? Might as well listen to Aerosmith...(don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't like those last 3 bands)