[kj] OT: Inkjet printers

Peter Adams praest76 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 05:38:30 EDT 2008

On 11/04/2008, Brendan Quinn <bq at soundgardener.co.nz> wrote:

> Yes, the reason I've just speed spammed the list is cos I don't get as much

> chance to email these days so I blitz it, but this is worth watching if you

> do much printing…most people in IT / publishing or whatever will tell you

> that inkjets rip through the ink and are a scam:

> http://sugiero.blogspot.com/2008/04/dirty-little-secret-of-inkjet-printers.html

True, but aren't colour laser printers still probilitively expensive?
And what's the other option? Dot-matrix? Do people even make them for
consumers anymore?

I off-set the cost by refilling the cartridges myself. Everyone knows
ink-jet printer companies sell the printers at a loss to recoup of the
hideously overpriced and underfilled cartridges they sell.

Everything is a scam really. The human race gets by on exploitation.
It's depressing, but I can't see anything changing.