[kj] (OT) Lords Of The New Church

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 10 19:44:48 EDT 2008

I like Brian James a lot; I think the 1st two Damned LPs are just
classic, great stuff, and from what I understand, basically 100% written
by Brian James -- in fact, that is why the rest of The Damned dumped
him, because they felt he was too dictatorial in his control over the
band. And that's why the band as it is now (Dave Vanian and capt.
Sensible) will never play any songs from the 2nd LP, to my knowledge.
Which is a shame, because that 2nd LP rocks. "Problem Child," "Stretcher
Case Baby," "Politics," "You take My Money" -- those are all just great
songs.

How does one get a hold of this Brian James stuff?!! And if you email or
speak to him or whatever, tell him hi from a big fan in Austin, texas!

-Oliver