[kj] KJ in LA

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 03:33:16 EDT 2008

Actually, if MG is shooting out of his nose I'd think he'd fit right in
at the Rainbow Bar up on Sunset Bl. where people of the following type
(among others..) will be watering
themselves before the Killing Joke show:

[from an old 2003 email comment on here]

But the Ministry review had me laffing hard...it's 'to a tee'
what i've seen at EVERY Mnstry show,

"21: Ministry: Psalm 69
Ministry fans don't die; in their world, they don't even get
old. Prune-faced, grey-haired and drawn, they're still blowing
rails of coke and wearing 18-inch Docs to clubs nationwide. In
his big money heyday (1988-95), Ministry founder Al Jourgensen
hit the stage with so much snow in his dreds it looked like he
was wearing a powdered wig. Maybe it was heroin (who really
knows?) but this much is clear: since Iggy Pop and Bowie's
Berlin debauchery, no one in the underground music scene has
done more drugs than this very angry Cubs fan.
Though the name first surfaced on a handful of effeminate
sub-Depeche Mode club tracks, Ministry soon became the defining
industrial act, a raging speed metal freight train that embraced
sequencing and later sampling. Like "Stigmata", "Thieves" and
"Burning Inside", this album's "N.W.O.", "Just One Fix" and the
Butthole Surfers collaboration "Jesus Built My Hotrod" are songs
you should know by heart. Thousands of Lollapalooza goers bought
Psalm 69 after the calamitous penultimate sets Ministry
delivered, but this is exactly the sort of record your wife will
shame you into selling ten years later, especially if you have
kids. I may have to side with the ladies, since the
proto-grindcore "TV II" is to yuppies the audio equivalent of
The Exorcist. Profit from the generation gap, young readers:
this one still has nine-inch nails."

Brendan Quinn <bq at soundgardener.co.nz> wrote:
Mike if you came shooting out of your nose a seedy part of Hollywood wants
to talk to you rather urgently...