[kj] Track of the day . . Angels of Light/Swans

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 30 20:57:37 EDT 2007

I think I'm gonna have to get 'Cop," 'cuz all I have by The Swans is
"Body to Body ... Job to Job," which I _do_ like, but I guess that a
retrospective comp. of their stuff?

Also, if you like that kind of art-damaged, menacing, lurching sort of
noise-rock The Swans used to do, along with Flipper, and you have an
open mind, you might like Stick Men with RayGuns. This is a track of
theirs from the early 1980s called "Scavenger of Death," only one I
could find online:

http://www.latinobuggerveil.com/ejmp3s/ScavengerOfDeath.mp3

It's not their best track, and maybe I'll upload some more, but I have
always liked Stickmen, who rebelled against the faster-than-fast trend
in punk at the time (though they played with bands like Black Flag and
the Misfits incredibly) and slowing things down to a sinister, evil
crawl. It's off their posthumous LP _Some People Deserve to Die_, and
I'd think folks who dig The Swans, Flipper, and No Trend would like it.

-Oliver