[kj] Extremities Remasters

Carlos Fandango stronkle at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 06:55:24 EDT 2007

Just got my hands on the new remastered Extremities.

It sounds a bit more polished than the original (the drums sound better to
me), but its
on the lines of the Pandemonium & Democracy remasters i.e no great
difference.

Anyway the best bits are the bonus tracks

The Party - I like this actually but it might not be to everyones taste -
it's sort of the missing link between OTG & Extremities.

The Fanatic (studio) - This is good too but lacks a bit of the
urgency/intensity of the live performance - non the less very good & I can
make out the lyrics now :-)

Solitude - This is a totally different version than the one that made it to
the album & it is quite excellent, go on Geordie !

Jubilation - This is just an early version of Beautiful Dead - no great
difference from the album or flexi version, they should have stuck with this
title though.

Age of Greed - There's a 12 min live version of Age of Greed, which to me
sounds more like the version they were doing around 88/89 but there is a
reference to 1992 in Jaz's long winded introduction ? I don't have any
sleeve notes so we will all have to wait a few more weeks yet to find out
where it comes from but I think it's
somewhere in France.