[kj] More pistols - THE SEX PISTOLS Re-Record 'Anarchy In The UK' For Guitar Hero III: Legends O

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 11:35:50 EDT 2007

THE SEX PISTOLS Re-Record 'Anarchy In The UK' For Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock
- Sep. 25, 2007

Activision, Inc. announced today that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
inductees THE SEX PISTOLS, who famously turned down the award, recently
returned to the studio to re-record "Anarchy in the UK", which will be
included in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock as a master track.
Now, fans can perform their own live version of the punk anthem in the
franchise.

THE SEX PISTOLS were an obvious choice for Guitar Hero,
having established themselves as the definitive punk band of the 1970s.
Unable to locate the original multi-tracks for inclusion in the game, Activision invited the band back into the studio to re-record a couple of songs including "Anarchy in the UK" Original members John Lydon on vocals, guitarist Steve Jones and drummer Paul Cook re-teamed with producer Chris Thomas, utilizing the original analog sound desk (circa 1969) that was built for George Martin at Air Studios, London, England in order to maintain the classic sound.

Thirty years ago this fall, the song was first included on THE SEX PISTOLS' only studio album, "Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols" which will be re-issued on vinyl on October 29, 2007, in its exact original format, including poster and "Submission" 7". The single "Anarchy In The UK"
will also be re-issued on vinyl on October 1, along with three other
classic singles throughout October. Celebrating this milestone, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock will be sponsoring the historic SEX PISTOLS show at The Brixton Academy in London taking place on November 8, 2007.

John Lydon
stated that "Re-recording them [the songs] — what a stress you put on
us but we rose to the occasion I think…admirably!" Adding that, "a bit
of anarchy in a video game is alright by me."

"It was great for Guitar Hero
to, in a way, get us back in the studio. I wasn't sure how it was going
to turn out but it actually turned out great and I think everyone held
their own," said Steve Jones. "I like it [Guitar Hero] because my friends' kids like it. And I like what kids like."

"Guitar Hero fans have been requesting more punk rock in the game since its first iteration," said Tim Riley, Activision worldwide executive of music. "We are honored that THE SEX PISTOLS went into the studio after 30 years, so that we could have a song from the most renowned punk band of all time in the game."

"We are proud to have joined forces with such a legendary and influential band as THE SEX PISTOLS for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock," said Kai Huang, president and co-founder of RedOctane.
"We are very excited to partner with them on their 30th anniversary and
expose them to an entirely new generation of fans through the game."