[kj] OT- Alex, Johnny speaks of the Ramones

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:14:03 EDT 2007

On 9/21/07, Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:
It's all perception, but to take away the NYC influence on

> British Punk is just blind-sighted. Think what you want.

that i agree on, it is perception but if you want to push that
perception into a manner to suit your beliefs then fair enough, its
dogma! Of course some bands were influenced but there were a whole lot
who werent. You may identify with your heroes - which is why they ARE
your heroes - but they are not mine. They never were. Doesnt make one
righter or 'wronger'

> Maybe it does happen, but I never hear of these sorts of arguments in

> regards to other genres. In other words, on Genesis discussion

> boards, do you get people squabbling about where Prog Rock started?

> Just curious.

who gives a f*ck about prog rock as if that qualifies ones ability to
state a point? im not the same as you Alex, dont claim to be. You are
into rocknroll, im not really. Im not into metal or whatever gendre. i
like music that challenges and takes me places and not Britney Spears
trash dressed in leather and black eye liner. Once it becomes
mainstream im off.

> Gabba Gabba Hey.

f*ck em! chosen to make my stand