[kj] Pistols in London

jane.shadforth at shell.com jane.shadforth at shell.com
Fri Sep 21 08:50:29 EDT 2007

Agree with everything said in this chain - I don't mind touts when they provide a service hanging about in the rain outside gigs buying and selling tickets for a small profit when I can't be bothered missing the support to sell a ticket when let down by a mate, (or conversely need a ticket, and am prepared to pay a small markup). Actually, I bought a pair of tickets off a tout for TV Smith/Toy Dolls last week for less than face value, which was probably a win-win in that I saved a few quid, and he probably made a couple.

The game has changed completely now though... This morning I'm somewhat pissed off, having missed out on tickets for QOTSA at both Liverpool and Manchester, and surprise, surprise, loads are on sale by established touts on ebay, making out they are doing punters a favour flogging them tickets for sold out gigs at over twice the price... There has to be something that can be done to prevent this blatent profiteering.

Still - with 2 months to go before those gigs, I'm sure I'll get a couple of tickets at face value before then by keeping my ear to the ground... Just got a couple of face value tickets off Scarlet Mist today for Alabama 3 tonight, (another sold out gig).

Jane