[kj] Regrets fuck banshees

Michael Halsted halsted at ilm.com
Thu Sep 20 13:10:42 EDT 2007

Just to clarify - I really like Siouxsie. I just found
the whole "Tee hee hee hee! Yay! Chase ME!!!" thing
that was going on at that show repulsive. Now 20 years
down the road I might actually like that record again.

Falls along the same lines as, sometimes you shouldn't
meet someone you musically respect (Jaz) - if you do you
and it's not such as good thing, you're forced to divorce
the meeting from the music and say "Love the music - no love
for the man" to continue enjoying it. For Siouxsie - "love
for the music - the live? not so much..."

Back to the other thread ('cause my mind is hopelessly
scattered...):

Was very glad to see Breathless when they played at Cafe
Du Nord in SF a few years back. Was one of those bands I
thought I'd never get a chance to see. Reformed WIRE and
Chameleons shows we're fantastic. Have enjoyed the bulk
of the shows of The Residents. The end of their 13th anniversary
tour was a fun one. Penn and Teller started the show and
came out during the intermission and the end. Got a hit
off of a joint that must have been laced with something.
About 10 minutes after, I was a little scared of The
Residents - luckily I talked myself down. That was the last time
I saw Snakefinger play. 6 months later he'd be dead of
a heart attack.

michael

Alexander Smith wrote:

> ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT -- THAT'S ENOUGH!

> No more Banshee bashing! I only got to see them as late as the

> PEEPSHOW era and beyond, and still thought they were fucking

> marvelous. I saw their 7 Year Itch tour as well, and was deplorably

> depressed -- `cos it sucked so bad.

> But know this: SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES ARE STILL LIGHT YEARS BETTER

> THAN MOST OF THE CRAPPY BANDS WHOSE MERITS ARE TIRELESSLY EXTOLLED ON

> THIS LIST (excluding the `Joke of course -- no one is better than the

> `Joke -- ABSOLUTELY NO ONE).

> RESPECT IS DUE!!!

> Alex in NYC

> On Sep 20, 2007, at 8:55 AM, iPat wrote:

>> walked out of Banshess cant recall the year.

>> Walked out of the Cure as well.

>> regret missing The Mob, have been playing their album recently and

>> still holds up with time.

>> regretted organising Death in June in Aberdeen.

>> On 9/20/07, gingoblin at easynet.co.uk <gingoblin at easynet.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Saw 'em on the JuJu tour and it's still one of the best gigs I've

>>> seen...

>>> McGeoch was fucking great. They got worse each time after that til

>>> the last

>>> time I saw 'em (89 maybe) I only recognised three songs all night...

>>> terrible. They were stuck up pricks as well.