[kj] Jaz starring as.......

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Sep 18 22:41:46 EDT 2007

Football (soccer) has a far more professional approach and a lot more
money behind it. Any sport with that much $ thrown at it is going to
benefit. NZ soccer fans are in for a treat when Beckham's team come down
to play later in the year. Of course most of the focus is on Beckham the
commodity as opposed to Beckham the athlete. Guy is a knob as far as I'm
concerned, a yappy little dog his wife leads around and dresses in stupid
clothes and haircuts. No idea what he's like as a player, not really into
following soccer, although I love kicking a ball around.

Re the world cup, injuries will be key I think, because a no. 2 or 3 rated
/ performing team at 100% strength vs a no 1 rated / performing team at
85% strength, is likely to win. 100% of 95 is better than 85% of 100, so
to speak.

Luckily the kiwis have good depth through most positions, but battle
readiness is another factor...having a good replacement is not ideal if
they haven't had much game time...