[kj] Pistols in London

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Sep 18 15:41:53 EDT 2007

Hrm, that was my original contention about them, or question at least...I
went through YouTube looking at videos of Lydon, and I have to say, he
certainly changed his tune over time, from acting like he resented every
interviewer and question thrown at him, to lapping up the fawning in later
years.

Some of those comments must have been hard to come back from, like "rock
and roll is dead"...then continuing on with PIL etc. Still scratching my
head, but I have to say, regardless of inconsistencies, he's fucking
interesting, and late model Lydon has a lot to say. And who doesn't look
back at their youth and cringe from time to time about the things they
said / did, and how emphatic they were about everything...