[kj] Everman

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Mon Sep 17 16:55:17 EDT 2007

Yeah he got into some Soundgarden music videos, even though he never wrote
or recorded anything with them. Didn't fit in, wasn't weird enough, and
couldn't play in 14/19 ;).

Ben Shepherd had a similar pedigree in some respects, he was 'in' Nirvana
before Soundgarden, toured with them but never played, he was on the bench
so to speak, as a backup bassist. Suppose it was in case Novoselic did
something stupid like throwing a bass into the air and it landing on his
head. Actually i think it was also because he was friends with Kurt...they
were both weirdos. Not sure which one moreso.

PS: Alex, that 2nd Hater CD is good value, another eclectix mix like the
first but more of a surfer kind of theme, if you can give it a theme...

> Yeah, Jason Everman was sort've the ultimate Grunge Also-Ran. The

> Pete Best of Grunge, if you will.

> Alex in NYC

> On Sep 17, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Change wrote:

>> --- Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

>>> Yeah, it was. I saw them a week or so later at the

>>> (much bigger) New

>>> Ritz, but at L'Amour, it was amazing. VoiVod still

>>> had Blacky in the

>>> rank, Soundgarden had Jason Evermore (I think that

>>> was his name) on

>>> bass.