[kj] poll

Peter Adams praest76 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:03:54 EDT 2007

> 1.. Who are you ?

Your worst nightmare!

...you know, the one about the marmoset and the jam in the school
janitors closet.

> 2.. Where are you ?

Athlone, Ireland

> 3.. How are you ?

How am I what? what are you accusing me of?

> 4.. Heard anything good lately that you'd like to share ?

Found myself getting into Buck-tick for some reason. Possibly the
hairstyles.

> 5.. Where do you stand on the great 'Hosannas' debate ?
> a) it's a flawed masterpiece ? classic KJ
> b) it sucks a big fat one
> c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful
> d) its OK

d/b, depending on which side of the mirror I'm on. It's not the worst
album ever but it's failed to grow on me; the ironically bad production
was lacking the irony and the plot-lines are really tired at this point.

> 6.. If KJ were to do one of those one off gigs where they play one of
their classic albums all the way through, which one should they do ?

Outside the Gate, including the CD bonus tracks... Or maybe Extremities
if I'm in a less cynical mood.

> 7.. Favourite 3 KJ album covers??????.?

Killing Joke, Ha! and... can I include the Love Like Blood 12"? I want
that on my wall duckie!

> 8.. Least favourite KJ album cover

Fire Dances. Looks like a release by some forgotten early 80s Belgian
new-beat outfit.

> 9.. Which is it to be ? King Crimson or Queen ?
> a)King Crimson
> b) Queen
> c) both of the above
> d) neither of the above ? I'm a Rush fan

Will I get beaten up for d? Then I'll go for C. None of those three have
really hit enough of my buttons. Maybe I'm too young. I have more Bomb
The Bass in my collection than all of those combined.

> 10.. Which Queen song would you like to see KJ cover ?

Sorry... what?!

> 11.. And which Crimso tune ?

Please stop. The world has enough covers. We've been covered to death.

> 12.. Whats Geordie's solo album going to sound like ?

The first Roger Waters album, and shortly afterwards Geordie will have a
moment of clarity and throw himself under a train. Thus dooming the 100
or so test copies to four figure bids on Ebay and cult status on
soulseek where all the fans will claim it is an unappreciated classic
and ahead of it's time despite being unable to listen to it the whole
way through.

> 13.. Got any good gigs coming up ?

No. Promoter has stiffed me again. The dirty bastard.

> 14.. Where do you stand on the great 'Democracy' debate ?
> a) it's a flawed masterpiece ? classic KJ
> b) it sucks a big fat one
> c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful
> d) its OK

c? It's not a bad album. Last KJ album to feature a decent set of
contributions by the Rev. Coleman.

> 15.. Peter West ? is he
> a) a top bloke ? the Gathering would be a duller place without his
lively contributions
> b) He remains the consummate wind-up merchant ? never fails in getting
> someone's hackles up.
> c) A slightly sad character with too much time on his hands and an over
> large chip on his shoulder
> d) Peter who ?
> e) None of the above

f. Is he still fucking here?!

And more importantly: Are people still continually fucking moaning about
it??!

* PRAEst76 un-subscribes again for another year.

--
PRAEst76