[kj] the strongest

S. Man spacedmanrecords at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:57:14 EDT 2007

Alexander Smith wrote:

> "Strongest" as it what? Weightiest? Heaviest?

Let me think. Using words to describe music is always a bit tricky as
my instinctive interpretation of how a given word relates to a musical
concept may be different from somebody elses. Maybe "unleashed" would
be closer to what I was looking for. I'm interested in the tracks that
seem to move from a rock song and transcend into something else. KJ has
some tracks that are great rock/punk/whatever songs and then
occasionally they manage to capture something where I think there is
some room for argument as to whether what they are doing is playing rock
music. I would say Exorcism is definitely one of those. I mean you can
certainly deconstruct it's elements and say it is metal or punk or
whatever but the sum is clearly greater than the parts.