[kj] Unspeakable Download in Soulseek???

culturevirus culturevirus at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 12:09:22 EDT 2007

Good point Javier. Exclusivity was part of the original effort, we seasoned Gatherers remember the uproar when one showed up on ebay. There is a way to send files to a soulseek user so that would be the way to do this rather than just sharing the files. So far no one has asked so I haven't bothered ripping my copy.

Javier Garcia <jagargal at lycos.com> wrote: Just a question: if you share "Unspeakable" via Soulseek it will be available not only for gatherers but to every person with Soulseek, am i right? I'm not sure -and i don't want to speak for every one- but i'm pretty sure a good number of gatherers want to keep this compilation exclusively into The Gathering, at least it was the original idea, basically to avoid outsiders to make profit. If we make it available to every 'soulseeker', we later will be watching "Unspeakable" on ebay selling for dozens of dollars, and i'm positive no one here wants this to happen.
I don't use Soulseek and never had, so i don't know the application, i don't know if you can lock some archives with a password or something... if this could be done it would be great. Maybe it's the idea since the beginning and i'm talking abuot something obvious; still i would like to be sure we all are in the same line. "Unspeakable" was an extraordinary work of collaboration between a lot of gatherers, it would be pretty lame to waste this huge effort.

Killing Joke for the Killing Jokers

Javier
mexico city