[kj] poll

Keith Burns keith at tobesofhades.com
Thu Sep 13 05:58:49 EDT 2007

Hi there, I'm fairly new here, and can't resist a good poll.

1.. Who are you ?

Keith

2.. Where are you ?

East Lothian, Scotland

3.. How are you ?

Better now that I've got a monitor for my old laptop - the screen died
on it. It's not a laptop any more though...

4.. Heard anything good lately that you'd like to share ?

Nothing new really, but I've been re-discovering Van Der Graaf Generator
! (via remasters) Could appeal to many here - "young minds and bodies on
steel spokes impaled" etc. Just got the early Nomeansno reissues too.
Good to hear Small Parts & Wrong sounding better.

5.. Where do you stand on the great 'Hosannas' debate ?
a) it's a flawed masterpiece ? classic KJ
b) it sucks a big fat one
c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful
d) its OK

I'll go with c. Musically I think it's the best since Extremities. I
usually skip This Tribal Antidote though - sounds like bad Cult to me.

6.. If KJ were to do one of those one off gigs where they play one of
their classic albums all the way through, which one should they do ?

Extremites.

7.. Favourite 3 KJ album covers??????.?

First album, WTF, Hosannas.

8.. Least favourite KJ album cover

BTATS (no reflection on the contents, which I mostly love - can't wait
for the reissue).

9.. Which is it to be ? King Crimson or Queen ?
a)King Crimson
b) Queen
c) both of the above
d) neither of the above ? I'm a Rush fan

Definitely Crimson, one of my other all-time faves. As are Rush (ducks).

10.. Which Queen song would you like to see KJ cover ?

Death On Two Legs.

11.. And which Crimso tune ?

Has to be Red. Everyone who doesn't know this go get it now (from the
album of the same name).

12.. Whats Geordie's solo album going to sound like ?

I hope it'll be great and doesn't turn out to be another Murder Inc or
Damage Manual - you know, less than the sum of it's parts but with a few
good bits.

13.. Got any good gigs coming up ?

Er.., Rush! (gets hard hat and flame-retardant suit).

14.. Where do you stand on the great 'Democracy' debate ?
a) it's a flawed masterpiece ? classic KJ
b) it sucks a big fat one
c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful
d) its OK

Again I'll go for c, although the remaster is a little better. I enjoy
the "songs" KJ as much as the "riffs" KJ, so stuff like Lanterns is fine
with me.

15.. Peter West ? is he
a) a top bloke ? the Gathering would be a duller place without his
lively contributions
b) He remains the consummate wind-up merchant ? never fails in getting
someone's hackles up.
c) A slightly sad character with too much time on his hands and an over
large chip on his shoulder
d) Peter who ?
e) None of the above

From what I can see, c.