[kj] poll

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 07:42:28 EDT 2007

Who are you ?
Dave
Where are you ?
At home, in Edinburgh, the Athens of the North byraway... now gimme that
bevvy or I'll chib you, ya radge...
How are you ?
Still slightly recovering from yet another weekend in Norway... those
prices are a killer, yet it makes no difference at the time.
Heard anything good lately that you'd like to share ?
The Meads of Asphodel is still doing it for me... anyone that likes
Hawkwind should give 'em a shot. Try Damascus Steel first. Oh, and I meant
to mention before... PESD from Poland (if anyone knows Post Regiment,
arguably Poland's finest punk band, it's their guitarist). Some it is VERY
Killing Joke sounding.
Where do you stand on the great 'Hosannas' debate ?
a) it's a flawed masterpiece – classic KJ
b) it sucks a big fat one
c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful
d) its OK
mainly D, though if I'm in the mood, A. Having had time to digest both,
it's not a patch on KJ2003.
If KJ were to do one of those one off gigs where they play one of their
classic albums all the way through, which one should they do ?
Extremities... though the drumming HAS to be as good as the album.
Favourite 3 KJ album covers

.?
1st, WTF, Extremities
Least favourite KJ album cover
I think I dislike Outside the Gate more than 2003, though possibly to do
with the contents.
Which is it to be – King Crimson or Queen ?
a)King Crimson
b) Queen
c) both of the above
d) neither of the above – I'm a Rush fan
If I HAD to, A.
Which Queen song would you like to see KJ cover ?
The shortest one.
And which Crimso tune ?
A cover of KC's cover of East End by the Cockney Rejects.
Whats Geordie's solo album going to sound like ?
The sound of something that makes me want it to be the real Killing Joke
instead.
Got any good gigs coming up ?
Always! Bad Brains, Radio Birdman, Hawkwind, NoMeansNo, and if I can get a
second crop from that money tree, Roky Erickson for the 5th time this year
(truly miraculous!).
Where do you stand on the great 'Democracy' debate ?
a) it's a flawed masterpiece – classic KJ
b) it sucks a big fat one
c) the songs are fine but the sound is awful
d) its OK
Not played it in ages, but a mix of A and D depending on mood.
Peter West – is he
a) a top bloke – the Gathering would be a duller place without his lively
contributions
b) He remains the consummate wind-up merchant – never fails in getting
someone's hackles up.
c) A slightly sad character with too much time on his hands and an over
large chip on his shoulder
d) Peter who ?
e) None of the above
He no longer exists in my dimension. I REALLY REALLY wish people would stop
wasting their time entering into "debate" with him though. Bang your head
off a brick wall instead, it's far more productive. The replies waste more
time than the original posts. I will however accept he is possibly a fine
chap in real life.