[kj] israelli neo nazis/ a qu... ;)

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Sun Sep 9 18:34:07 EDT 2007

For me, it's almost always a veiled insult. I would only describe a female
as "sweet" to their face when I mean that they are either a) vaguely creepy
or b) young enough to be my daughter. If describing a female as "sweet" to
someone else, I would often mean "half-simple", or easily satisfied.

An act or attitude, however, can be sweet in a positive way, and I would use
it in that sense to mean thoughtful or kind. ("The way she forgave me for
impregnating her sisters was really sweet")

However, I doubt I'm typical in this, as I'm a particularly sarcastic
person. Personally, I think "sweet" in this sense is a vague and unpleasant
word, in the manner of "nice". I'd far rather be specific (so "Rescuing
those puppies from the tsunami was a really considerate thing to do" rather
than "You're so sweet").

Darren
Hungerford, UK