[kj] Poll anyone ?

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 22:24:26 EDT 2007

Who are you ? I are Leigh

Where are you ? Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

How are you ? Fine, thanks

Heard anything good lately that you’d like to share ? In Glorious Times by Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Bambi's Dilemna by Melt Banana, Nord by Year Of No Light and this band from France called The Fantastikal Hole

Where do you stand on the great ‘Hosannas’ debate ?
b) it sucks a big fat one (worst ever)

If KJ were to do one of those one off gigs where they play one of their classic albums all the way through, which one should they do ? I would expect them to do the first album and I'd be cool with that but my vote would be for Fire Dances

Favourite 3 KJ album covers……………….? Ist album, what's THIS for, Wilful Days (which i think was originally the cover for Turn to Red or something like that)

Least favourite KJ album cover KJ2003 (worst ever)

Which is it to be – King Crimson or Queen ?

c) both of the above but i'm more partial to KC. 80s-era KC only.

Which Queen song would you like to see KJ cover ? Mustapha seems like the obvious choice. I'd also want to hear them do a completely dissonant take on 39.

And which Crimso tune ? i have no idea.

Whats Geordie’s solo album going to sound like ? like dead air, you optomistic fool

Got any good gigs coming up ? not really. David Yow's current band Qui are coming in October and I hope to check that out. The Locust in November. I saw Xiu Xiu a little while ago and that was pretty sweet. I also just got to play 3 shows with Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and 4 with Neil Hamburger. So I watched their respective sets each night with glee.

Where do you stand on the great ‘Democracy’ debate ?

d) its OK...one fantastic song (Savage Freedom), a few more really good ones (Aeon, Democracy, Medicine Wheel, Intellect) and a lot of shit otherwise.

Peter West – is he
e) he's the classic troll. if you kill him off, 10 will take his place. it's the nature of the beast. anyone who takes his bait is a gaylord who needs a skin-thickening and fast.

Leigh

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?