[kj] Any clues??

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 5 10:45:44 EDT 2007

Retired music journalist! Retired!

Thing is, that bass line does sound a bit familiar... but I think
we can confirm that it ain't KJ. But damn it is bugging me now.

If this guy thinks it is the best song he's ever heard, it's
strange he only has 9 secs of an mp3 left - or is he
deciding that on just these 9 secs? Still, he's right - Mr
Coles is indeed a legendary figure...

Rob's Arse <joker at Z6.com> wrote: Call yourself a music journalist Perry!!

That's all he got.
It came from a guy in Bulgaria, here's the original email........

Dear Malicious Damage Records, I am sorry to disturb such legendary figures as you but I need your help. I used to record music from J.Peel's BBC W.Service programs. In the period Apr-Nov 1984 I recorded a song of which due to my negligence when recording only 9 sec have left. I remember the rest and it sounded to me like Killing Joke-maybe a remix,but there are maybe timbales and at the end of guitar-line that may be trumpet.The voice may sing 'join them' or 'join dance',I have thought it is 'join us to dance' .I am sending the 9 sec mp3. I will appreciate your advice in this respect.Believe me, this is probably the best song I have heard. Thank you very much for giving attention to my message. All the best to everyone. Sincerely yours,

Colesy? Legendary???

Gotta love that!