[kj] Killing joke and Communism

Bob Barathy b-barathy at btconnect.com
Wed Sep 5 03:44:09 EDT 2007

Really? When and where? What happened?

Given KJ's flirtation with fascist imagery, I'm intrigued to hear more.

Err.. it was 91 when Jaz was doing his Notting Hill lectures. Nothing
really happened in the end it was just one of those moments when the room
suddenly falls very quite. Some kid made an off the cuff remark to Jaz about
KJ and facist connections. Jaz just gave him one of his looks (which looked
like it was going to be closely followed with a punch, but didn't).

Speaking of which. Was anyone else at the Bristol gig in 86 when someone
in the crowd through a plastic glass at Jaz during the opening bars of 'A
Southern Sky'. He drived off the stage into the crowd ans started wildly
kicking a punching!! I think it was when he broke his arm!!!
Anyone else remember that?