[kj] Day of silence?

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 08:39:23 EDT 2007

As someone whose spent up to a week plus in a state of silence, on retreats, I can recommend it in certain conditions. I'd suggest a period of silence, in somewhere appropriate to Paul Ravens life. So you could have a silent drink in a place like the Intrepid Fox, or time in the Astoria when its closed.(However you manage that. A Gatherers wake in such a venue where they played would be great. Projections of slides of the band and Paul, silence amongst us, facing the realities of life and death. Killing Joke, screaming out being alive every song.)

Places that mean something to us Gatherers, where Mr Raven would be appropriately regarded, or once performed.

I dont know. When the Vikings died in battle, they went to Valhalla. He's up there, with Elvis, Sid and Corbain.

Keep Smiling...

From: hollytree1961 at hotmail.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 21:15:17 +0100Subject: Re: [kj] Day of silence?

very good and respectful thing to do,smart idear robs.a although is everyone capable of keeping the silence for 24 hours--as in a day of silence? it will be a good challenge and also make all exsperience what buddists do on a regular basis!! melinda

From: tk at dds.nlDate: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:48:46 +0200To: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] Day of silence?Nice one K8!
Matt

www.kong.nl
www.myspace.com/mattalmonero

Op 27-okt-2007, om 18:44 heeft KATE PALMER het volgende geschreven:

Nice idea - although perhaps a day of extreme noise would be more appropriate?!

K8

Rob's Arse <joker at Z6.com> wrote: Hello All

Raven's funeral will be on 31st October - how fitting!

I was thinking that we could perhaps observe a day of Gathering Silence on that day as a mark of respect starting from 00.00 gmt on the 31st.

How do you feel about that?