[kj] OT: Some light relief: They speak English in London?

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Sat Oct 27 13:46:23 EDT 2007

So I guess they don't have speakers of English NOR blacks in London. What an idiot...

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 15:00:33 +0100From: neilfperry at btinternet.comTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: [kj] OT: Some light relief: They speak English in London?
By Sky News SkyNews - Friday, October 26 11:56 am
Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder has admitted not knowing people speak English in London.
The NFL player might want to check a map before he gets on board a plane for Sunday's prestige game against the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium.
Crowder, who comes from Atlanta in Georgia, may be praised on the field, but confessed geography was not his strong point.
He admitted he did not know until now where London was - or that Londoners spoke English.
"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries," he said.
"I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that."
Crowder added: "I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him.
"That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."
The Miami Dolphins are play the New York Giants at Wembley this Sunday in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside the United States.