[kj] killing joke rmxd

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 25 11:25:46 EDT 2007

Ugh. Just listened to it. Probably haven't in at least six years. Far
and away the lamest moment in Killing Joke recorded history -- and
yes, I'll admit it -- truly worse than even the shittiest moment on
HOSANNAS.

To your point, Peter, yes -- they are clearly attempting to mine the
rhyme-interchange style as practiced by the Beasties (layering verse
over exchanged verse). That said, it goes without saying that they
certainly don't do it well -- surely not as well as the Beasties did/
do. But yes, I'd say in retrospect that you're correct. The style is
indeed similar.

Alex in NYC